Why Reagan Conservatives Should Support President Obama
Why Reagan Conservatives Should Support President Obama in 2012
I remember exactly where I was on the night of November 4, 2008. It was my Dad’s birthday, I was just getting off of work, and I was to drive out to Las Vegas to see him. The clock had just struck 8:01p.m. in California, I turned the corner from Bear Valley Road to Peach Avenue, and Aaron Bender the newsman for KFI AM 640 in Los Angeles had just announced that California, Oregon, and Washington had gone to Obama – thus giving Obama the 270+ votes he needed to win the presidency.
I was sad that night, but I didn’t let it get me down. I remember in Obama acceptance speech at Grant Park in Chicago he uttered the words “for those whose vote I did not earn tonight, I will be your President.” Recently I had to ask myself: Has Obama been the change agent we’ve wanted him to be? In my opinion, yes!
There is no arguing; MSNBC has been by the most objective, centrist news organization of Barack Obama in these last four years. I mean they have been so tough on President Obama, and haven’t let him get away with anything. It made me really sad when they let Keith Olbermann go, because he’s really been a harsh but fair critic of Obama, so I guess I could kind of understand why it is CurrentTv let him go. I’m sure with his harsh rebukes of President Obama on CurrentTv, he just didn’t fall in line of Current’s liberal agenda.
After Olbermann was fired, it got me thinking: if someone as objective and civic-minded as Olbermann can still support the president, maybe I should. And now my friends, my mind is made-up, I am announcing my support of the Obama-Biden ticket in November of 2012, and you should too.
Think about all the great things he accomplished:
1. He killed bin Laden. Granted it was the Navy SEALS that actually killed bin Laden, but he kept the door open from the policies of the Bush Administration that might have led us to know where bin Laden is.
2. He passed healthcare reform. I understand that N.P.R. did a story recently where they actually admitted that the cost of healthcare has gone up since the passage of healthcare… But we all know that N.P.R. is a wing of the right-wing, fringe of the Tea Party movement, funded by the Koch Brothers, and takes their orders from Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and the Cookie Monster.
3. The economy: We all know that the oil companies stole money from my Mom’s 401(k) in order to fund their Bilderberger sex orgy’s with Dominick Strauss-Kahn, but President Obama stopped all that. In fact, President Obama has kept his promise not have any lobbyists in his administration…Except for people like Melody Barnes, William Corr, Derek Douglas, Jocelyn Frye, Gabriella Gomez, Scott Harris, David Hayes, Eric Holder, William Lynn, Tom Vilsack, Mark Patterson, Cecilia Munoz. Well they weren’t really lobbyists, those were just paid consultants who went to capitol in attempts to sway the votes of legislators – based on their own special interest, that’s not lobbying. I mean look unemployment: When President Obama took office, it was 7.8%, now its 8.3%. From May 2009 to March 2011, the unemployment never went below nine percent. But I can’t help but think that high unemployment is a good thing.
Trust me, Nancy Pelosi said so, and we should all listen to Nancy Pelosi, she’s an Italian Grandmother from San Francisco. I know when I seek economic advice, I only get it from Italian Grandmother’s from San Francisco.
4. Debt: Look people, deficits don’t matter. It really doesn’t matter that the President has ran up more debt in a three-year period, than any past president has in a four-year period. I mean think about it, we can just print more money, and borrow it from the Chinese, and Japanese. Borrowing money from the Chinese is like borrowing money from your bff in the beginning of the school year, by the end of the school year, your bff won’t even remember you borrowed that money. And after all, China is our bff – like totally, they have our best interest at heart.
5. U.S.A. is #1 again: As of today, the United States has reached #1, that’s right, we have the highest corporate tax rate in the world now. That’s a cause for celebration. Japan is lowering their tax rate, so now ours is the highest. And because President Obama is so good at bi-partisanship (and I mean he’s so good at bi-partisanship, he makes Speaker Boehner cry,) he has been able to keep our tax code the same, ignoring the Simpson-Bowles committee that he appointed, because he’s looking out for us.
6. Not to be vein, but Obama is really sexy. I mean seriously, I’m a straight-guy, but even I get turned on by President Obama, and we can’t have an ugly person as President. Sure, Mitt Romney has kind of caught my eye, but he’s too mormony for me. I’m sure in the 1800’s, Ron Paul was cute, but he just reminds of an old Grandpa. And Rick Santorum, all he wants to do is force me to put on a chastity belt. Newt Gingrich? On the sexiness meter, he’s a -4.
So as you can see, there is only one choice, it’s Obama-Biden in 2012.
And by the way APRIL FOOLS, I was only kidding; except about the U.S. having the highest corporate tax rate in the world part — that actually happened today.
Powered by Facebook Comments